download cuda 5.5 RC

hi
i registred for download cuda 5.5 RC and submitted but i don’t know how can i downloat cuda 5.5 RC???
who can help me???

Good news! The CUDA 5.5 RC is now public!

It is available at https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-pre-production

You can access the RPM/Deb installers, as well as the old .run file installers here.

I downloaded CUDA 5.5 RC (Ubuntu 64-bit 12.04 version) on Ubuntu 13.04, hoping that there would be support for gcc 4.7.

Ubuntu declined to install, saying:

The package is of bad quality
The installation of a package which violates the quality standards isn’t allowed.
This could cause serious problems on your computer. Please contact the person or
organisation who provided this package file and include the details beneath.

Details
Lintian check results for /home/jim/Downloads/cuda-repo-ubuntu1210_5.5-0_amd64.deb:
E: cuda-repo-ubuntu1210: control-file-has-bad-owner postinst buildmeister/users != root/root
E: cuda-repo-ubuntu1210: control-file-has-bad-owner postrm buildmeister/users != root/root
E: cuda-repo-ubuntu1210: wrong-file-owner-uid-or-gid etc/ 2402/100
E: cuda-repo-ubuntu1210: wrong-file-owner-uid-or-gid etc/apt/ 2402/100
E: cuda-repo-ubuntu1210: wrong-file-owner-uid-or-gid etc/apt/sources.list.d/ 2402/100
E: cuda-repo-ubuntu1210: wrong-file-owner-uid-or-gid etc/apt/sources.list.d/cuda.list 2402/100

Should I override the warning and keep trying, or wait for gcc 4.7 support in a subsequent release? I understand that I shouldn’t expect installing on an unsupported OS version to be easy.

Thanks!

You can give it a shot. Those errors occur in lintian on all our .deb platforms and are something we’d like to clean up.

It may be easier to install from terminal, rather than UI. Just download the cuda-repo-ubuntu1210…deb package, and use dpkg to install:
dpkg -i foo.deb

Once that’s installed:
apt-get update

And finally:
apt-get install cuda

Thanks. I did as you suggested, with mixed results. It does indeed give support for gcc 4.7 on 13.10 as I had hoped, and most of the samples compiled without obvious problems. When I went to run them, deviceQuery said I no longer had a working driver. I figured it had replaced the “nvidia-current” driver supplied with 13.04 that had successfully run the samples from my 5.0 binaries (created under 12.04 LTS with the 4.4 tool chain on this same machine).

I rebooted, thinking that would load the new driver, but it came up in low res mode in the middle of the screen, without giving me access to my left side buttons. Dropping into a shell, lsmod showed I didn’t have an nvidia driver (or nouveau). I tried uninstalling the 5.5 package and re-installing nvidia-current, but it didn’t work. I tried running the 5.5 installation package again, and this time saw the “reboot, then if driver fails to load, use NVIDIA graphics driver .run installer” message. Unfortunately I don’t see the .run installer (tried updatedb followed by “locate nvidia | grep .run”).

The installation documentation said I should verify that I have a suitable driver, and that the Release Notes tell which one that is. I didn’t find it in the 5.5 Release Notes, though - probably looking in the wrong place. I’m running an ASUS G75VW laptop with Geforce GTX 660M.

So far my best idea for getting a full-res screen back is to re-install 13.04, then perhaps try to get the old gcc tool chain working on it. Failing that, back up to 12.04 again… which I’d rather not do if I don’t have to.

Thanks for the help!

Also, I didn’t see a point at which I could choose not to install the new driver. Should I have seen that?

Thanks again.

I found driver 319.23 in the Support section and installed it. With some to-ing and fro-ing I got back to a working system, and the 5.5RC demos I compiled with the gcc 4.7 toolchain are now working fine under Ubuntu 13.04. Woohoo!

So far, so good. Now to start my own project!