Error flashing SSD: /Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/signed/flash.idx is not found

Hello,

I am trying to flash the Orin to boot from SSD.

I am applying these steps, first I flash the EMMC and then I use l4t_initrd_flash.sh to flash the external storage device.

Steps:

systemctl stop udisks2.service

wget https://developer.download.nvidia.com/embedded/L4T/r35_Release_v1.0/Release/secureboot_R35.1.0_aarch64.tbz2
wget https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/l4t/r35_release_v1.0/release/jetson_linux_r35.1.0_aarch64.tbz2
wget https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/l4t/r35_release_v1.0/release/tegra_linux_sample-root-filesystem_r35.1.0_aarch64.tbz2

tar xf jetson_linux_r35.1.0_aarch64.tbz2
cd Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/
sudo tar xpf ../../tegra_linux_sample-root-filesystem_r35.1.0_aarch64.tbz2
cd ../.. # change directory to Linux_for_Tegra
tar -xvf secureboot_R35.1.0_aarch64.tbz2
cd Linux_for_Tegra/
sudo ./apply_binaries.sh
cd tools
sudo ./l4t_create_default_user.sh -u nvidia -p nvidia -n nvidia-host --accept-license --autologin
# Flash EMMC
sudo ./flash.sh jetson-agx-orin-devkit mmcblk0p1
# Confirm that the device can boot successfully from eMMC.
sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh -S 900GiB -c ./tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_nvme.xml --external-device nvme0n1 --showlogs jetson-agx-orin-devkit nvme0n1p1

After these steps I get this error:

[   3.4308 ] End sector for APP, expected at: 121208798, actual: 0
Error: Return value 4
Command tegraparser_v2 --generategpt --pt flash.xml.bin
Error: /home/mleiva/devdir/ssd-support/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/signed/flash.idx is not found
Error: failed to relocate images to /home/mleiva/devdir/ssd-support/Linux_for_Tegra/tools/kernel_flash/images
Cleaning up...

Have somebody since this problem?

Regards,

Hi ManuelLeiva,

Are you using the devkit or custom board?

If you have confirmed the board could boot up from the internal eMMC, the issue might cause from the second step flashing to external NVMe SSD.

What’s the physical size of your external NVMe SSD?
Could you help to confirm the size (= sector_size*num_sectors) in flash_l4t_nvme.xml if it is declared larger than the -S 900GiB for APP size but less than the physical size?
Please refer to the Workflow 3: How to flash to an external storage of README_initrd_flash.txt.

After you confirm the settings in flash_l4t_nvme.xml is correct, please try the following command to flash into external NVMe SSD.

$ sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_nvme.xml -S 900GiB --external-only --showlogs  jetson-agx-orin-devkit nvme0n1p1

Hi

Thanks for you help, you are right, I was writing a wrong number of sectors.
This command can be useful to see see sector_size and num_sectors of the SSD:

nvidia@nvidia-host:~$ sudo fdisk -l /dev/nvme0n1                                                     
[sudo] password for nvidia:                                                                          
Disk /dev/nvme0n1: 931.53 GiB, 1000204886016 bytes, 1953525168 sectors                               
Disk model: Samsung SSD 980 1TB                                                                      
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes                                                                
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes                                                
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 16384 bytes / 131072 bytes                                               
Disklabel type: gpt                                                                                  
Disk identifier: 2881CDED-6DC5-42C2-9368-50634CBA2A54   

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.