Error in ducumentation offline augment

It seems there’s an error in the TAO documentation regarding the offline augmentation, specific the description on the brightness setting. The description belongs to the translation config.
https://docs.nvidia.com/tao/tao-toolkit/text/offline_data_augmentation.html#id7

brightness_config Protobuf message
This protobuf message configures the translation augmentation operator. Defining this activates translating the images across the x and/or y axes.
{
translate_x: 8
translate_y: 8
}

Thanks for the catching. For brightness, please refer to Offline Data Augmentation — TAO Toolkit 3.22.05 documentation .
We will modify it. Thanks.

Just another small question (featurerequest?):

Using the offline augmenter, it results in a folder with augmented images and labels. The filenames however aren’t changed. So if I want to use both original AND augmented images (which have to be all in one directory: image_2) I have to do some programming to change the filenames of the images and according annotationfiles. Is there a feature in the augmenter to change filenames?

Currently, the output path is specified by “--output-dataset”. See Offline Data Augmentation — TAO Toolkit 3.22.05 documentation. If want to merge the augmented files to the original folder, yes, need to do some programming to differentiate the files.
I will mark down this feature request from your side.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.