Error in mst ib add scripts

I have discovered a - let’s say: remarkable - error in the mst ib add command script. Trying to run mlx* commands on a switch resulted in errors like:

$ mlxconfig -d /dev/mst/SW_MT47396_r1i0sw0"_lid-0x0019,mthca0,1 --enable_verbosity q

ibwarn: [1687] _do_madrpc: recv failed: Connection timed out

ibwarn: [1687] mad_rpc_rmpp: _do_madrpc failed; dport (Lid 25)

ibwarn: [1687] mad_rpc: _do_madrpc failed; dport (Lid 25)

ibwarn: [1687] mad_rpc_rmpp: _do_madrpc failed; dport (Lid 25)

-E- ibvsmad : cr access read to Lid 25 failed

FATAL - crspace read (0xf0014) failed: Invalid argument

-E- Failed to identify the device

Querying the switch in the example above revealed that the switch in question has the Lid 19. Apparently, whoever programmed this script believes that converting to hex means generating a string with the decimal number prefixed with ‘0x’. Therefore, accessing the device with the Lid 19 via the mst device results in connections to (inactive) Lid 25 (0x0019). I corrected the script to convert to hex properly - patch attached.

mst_ib_add.py.patch (1.69 KB)

Hello,

Thank you for posting your question on the Mellanox Community.

The switch you are running is end of life and as such is no supported. You can read about our end of life policy here: https://www.mellanox.com/support/eol

As this switch is end of life it is no longer receiving new updates with features and bug fixes. As such compatibility between this switch and other products is not taken into account with new developments. When installing mellanox products you can always look in the release notes and it will list compatible hardware and software versions.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks and regards,

Mellanox Technical Support