ERROR: NVIDIA driver is not loaded

I have installed the latest nvidia driver on my ubuntu 20.04 but when I try to run the command nvidia-settings I get this message and the software opens a blank window

ERROR: NVIDIA driver is not loaded

ERROR: Unable to load info from any available system

(nvidia-settings:4940): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 14:24:42.631: g_object_unref: assertion ‘G_IS_OBJECT (object)’ failed

When I try to use the command nvidia-smi I get this other message

NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn’t communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running.

Someone help me, I have tried many tutorials but nothing happens.

Please check disabling secure boot.
Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post.

1 Like

I’m not sure on how to do that.

run
sudo nvidia-bug-report.sh
in terminal, then attach the file nvidia-bug-report.log.gz that will be created in your home directory.

1 Like

data (498.1 KB)

There’s no nvidia gpu visible. Please check if it’s disabled in bios or this model doesn’t include one.

I used

lspci -vnnn | perl -lne 'print if /^\d+\:.+(\[\S+\:\S+\])/' | grep VGA

command, and got this as answer

$ lspci -vnnn | perl -lne ‘print if /^\d+:.+([\S+:\S+])/’ | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Device [8086:9a78] (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

Yes, that’s the integrated Intel gpu. Your laptop model doesn’t include an nvidia gpu.

1 Like

I see, thanks for your support.

Processing: nvidia-bug-report.log.gz… Hi, I hope that you can help me please, I have the same issue, I attached nvidia-bug-report.log.gz

➜ ~ lspci -vnnn | perl -lne ‘print if /^\d+:.+([\S+:\S+])/’ | grep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation TU117BM [GeForce GTX 1650 Mobile Refresh] [10de:1fdd] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

It’s been a while and I haven’t find any solution :(

And how did you solve the problem?