Error Re-Flashing Jetson Xavier NX eMMC after booting from NVMe (2)

Continuing the discussion from Error Re-Flashing Jetson Xavier NX eMMC after booting from NVMe:

I recently got other host that can dump log, and here the serial console log after reflashing it using Jetpack 4.6.1:

Log File Error 08 Jan 2023.txt (50.4 KB)

Serial Console Output Install 08 Jan 2023.txt (2.6 KB)

The serial console reading are stopped in the middle after the device are rebooting

Hi,

Is your board still able t o boot up? If so, could you boot up and share the boot log?

If your board cannot boot anymore, I want to confirm if this module was able to get flashed before.

No it was unable to boot up after I following this guide: Jetson Xavier NX - Run from SSD - JetsonHacks

This was my first time to flash this module, I want to reflash the module because the module was unable to boot up.

Are you using sdkmanager to flash the board or you are using flash.sh tool directly?

And could you just boot up the device and share the serial console log ? I know you cannot boot up, just want to check the log first.

I’ve tried using the sdkmanager tool to flash the board for the first time and failed with the log I shared in This Post, then I tried it again using flash.sh tool to see the serial console output

Should I boot it up in recovery mode or just boot it the normal way?

normal way.

This is what I get when I try to boot it up the normal way

Could you use picocom instead of minicom and try again?

With command sudo picocom -b 115200 /dev/ttyUSB0.

If I tried to copy it, it doesn’t seems right but just in case you need it:

Welcome to minicom 2.7.1

OPTIONS: I18n 
Compiled on Aug 13 2017, 15:25:34.
Port /dev/ttyUSB0, 21:39:21
�[��0)��W    5dYW+պ�M�IC�ۂ°)��WJy ��KU�YWk�i T*�5�[��0)��W

And just in case to prevent a mistake. You could only use one console tool to read the /dev/ttyUSB0 node at same time.

For example, you cannot run minicom and picocom to read /dev/ttyUSB0 at same time.

It yield a similar results when I tried to boot it:

Here’s the copy from the terminal:

picocom v2.2

port is        : /dev/ttyUSB0
flowcontrol    : none
baudrate is    : 115200
parity is      : none
databits are   : 8
stopbits are   : 1
escape is      : C-a
local echo is  : no
noinit is      : no
noreset is     : no
nolock is      : no
send_cmd is    : sz -vv
receive_cmd is : rz -vv -E
imap is        : 
omap is        : 
emap is        : crcrlf,delbs,

Type [C-a] [C-h] to see available commands

Terminal ready
���Ể0r��M���JQ�HQ�*	1�l˅r^�����сv���A�J����lX��A�
                                                      ٠nэhYb��Y
                                                                �����H�������[���	ڴWJy S���.Vɕ�sZˋ�����)j��94KS�ڴ����
                                            e��٩C�[��®�ʝJ� B�ѭ[��:����b�э�[��0	��W
  � �+
      rYW+ů
            ҠP��5
                 [��0	��WJ� ��
                                �o[����
                                       ��r���:���i��r�
                                                       �+�p�W��6��ۂ°	��WJy PU��s����i���A����0��+��rµ�J��J�A�Yũ.��sY� �A��+��rµ�J��J�A�Kՠ'¸F���°	��]Jy���}s��ՠ'��j
          [���	��W*y ���K��
                            ����
[��0	��W
           � ��
               5dYW+պ�M�IC�[��0	��W
                                   � ��f+�肅�a�����ՠO��b�W���	���Jy��.� ]��ݠ,հKV+5
    ��	���Jy�T.� ��+�����c�҂��
                               5�[��0	��W
                                           � �*UF+���źYꀆj	5�[��®�ҝJ� Q.��Z+�i�+������,��f���5�[��®����� N
                               ��ѩڱor���Y.J́f�KA�
                                                   ڍ��w�rYV+��.H[0����ҝ���J���
                                                                               ��f�]
    s�Ѻ�ō�[��0	ʵW
                  � �,W˕A����,+�n��j�[��®���J� �����٥cY'���RHۂ��)±WJy T.�A�+͡ ��O�Tji ���,�ɽd"�tX��A�[�� Z��LP��J�}                  Ể0r���������pZ��b�k�f
                           j������[����j�I��խ�r�WՠOⱂ                      c�i�(UA_�U���(H��0r��&���ʫ��Z��b�k�f
                                  A��i�(UA_�%5
                                              ��0r����y����pZ��b�kсf��k'
                                                                         a���	5
                                                                               [���)ڰWZy �+
           ��끢�k� �K�c쭂���5A�ߊ���+��rʳ��� S�
                                              �����o�2��ѫ'N��[���)ڸWZy �+
                                                                              ��끢�k� �K�c쭂�PJj
                [��®L�ꁩB�ѭ�٥c���PR#�[��
                                         �j�I���t�V��cY'�����[��®LꁩQ.堖+�h��rX�.����l� [���C�[0���L�ꁩQ.��]����b�e�d�XHۂ°)��]Jy�T.� ��k� ���ͥ҂��k�o]j
                                                                            [��0)��W
    � ��rY:���X��e�H�[0���LSꁩQ.堖+�h��rX�.����l� �L��C�[0���LӳJ����A�YV��m0����.����,�Q
�[0���LSꁩE�A�YV��m1����.����,�Q
�[���   ��W*y Q�(�����k%ji *W�Ѻ���*��:�A�Ể0r��NJ����A�YV�ٛf�SW��'��,�Q
�[0���LڝJ����A�YV��m4�'��a.����,�Q                                    i0�
�[��0)·W                          i0�
��.���[�'���W¸�

Ok. Let’s go through some other check here

1. Is this NV devkit or custom board?

2. Do you have other jetson NX devkit or module that can check if your host can flash other modules?

3. Have you tried to flash your device with jetpack5.0.2?

Please let me know if you don’t understand any of the question here.

1. Its a custom board: reComputer J2012 - Edge AI Device with Jetson Xavier NX 16 GB module
  2. No, I didn’t have it.
  3. Yes

Hi,

Need to let you know that actually the NV moderators here only work on NV developer kit. We don’t know much about the custom board from other vendors.

Does this vendor provide any custom BSP to flash their board? or any tutorial? or claimed their board can work with sdkmanager?
Sdkmanager by default only flashes the BSP for devkit. We don’t guarantee it would work on custom board.

Yes the developer providing the tutorial and guides Here and claimed that the board can work with sdkmanager

Could you try to flash sdkmanager with jetpack5.0.2 and share me the host side and device side log again?

The flash is still failed with the serial console output result somehow yield a random character similar to the picture I sent previously:

JetPack 5.0.2 Log File Error 08 Jan 2023.txt (56.4 KB)
JetPack 5.0.2 Serial Console Output Install 08 Jan 2023.txt (2.0 KB)

Idk if its come from the USB, TTL, or from the board, Should I try to find other host or TTL to reflash the board to see if I can get the serial console output work properly?

That was why I said this in previous comment.

And just in case to prevent a mistake. You could only use one console tool to read the /dev/ttyUSB0 node at same time.
For example, you cannot run minicom and picocom to read /dev/ttyUSB0 at same time.

Please make sure you don’t have this setup. If your open /dev/ttyUSB0 with two console tool at same time, then it may output like that.

If you are sure about you didn’t have that, then please try other host or cable to see if you can read log. I believe previous boot up log is not device error either.