Errors Building CUDA 10.0 samples in Windows 10 and VS 2017

I’m trying to build the samples for CUDA 10.0 per Nvidia’s instructions. I’m using VS 2017 (version 15.9.14). After figuring out that the CUDA props files are not installed in the directories where Windows expects them and copying them there, I get the following error from windows for every sample:

Error MSB8036 The Windows SDK version 10.0.15063.0 was not found. Install the required version of Windows SDK or change the SDK version in the project property pages or by right-clicking the solution and selecting “Retarget solution”. deviceQuery C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Cpp.WindowsSDK.targets 46

Following the instruction to “retarget solution” (the suggested SDK in the retarget menu is 10.0.17763.0) doesn’t help. I get the same error, as though I didn’t retarget anything. I’ve been stuck trying to compile these samples for 2 days now. There has to be something simple I’m missing. These were supposed to be “one-click” builds.

Fixed. Went back to the VS 2017 installer and added the 10.015063.0 Windows SDK (using the Change option in Programs and Features Control panel). Compiled without errors and have now run one of the CUDA samples.

1 Like