Failed to get convolution algorithm. This is probably because cuDNN failed to initialize -- Error f...

Hi,

I am trying to use the Jetson Nano for running an inference using a Mask-Rcnn model with Mobile-net Backbone.

The packages I have installed are: Tensorflow-Gpu 1.14.0, Cuda 10.0.32, Keras 2.1.6, Numpy - 1.16.1, scipy 0.19.1.

Faced lot of difficulties in installing the packages that are compatible with eachother. If possible please give me a proper set of every packages with their versions compatible, to run a Deep-learning model in Jetson Nano.

For now, This is the error I am stuck with.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/home/safran/Desktop/fusion/process_video.py”, line 17, in

results = model.detect([frame], verbose=0)

File “/home/safran/Desktop/fusion/model.py”, line 2862, in detect

self.keras_model.predict([molded_images, image_metas, anchors], verbose=0)

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/keras/engine/training.py”, line 1462, in predict

callbacks=callbacks)

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/keras/engine/training_arrays.py”, line 324, in predict_loop

batch_outs = f(ins_batch)

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/tensorflow/python/keras/backend.py”, line 3292, in call

run_metadata=self.run_metadata)

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/tensorflow/python/client/session.py”, line 1458, in call

run_metadata_ptr)

tensorflow.python.framework.errors_impl.UnknownError: 2 root error(s) found.

(0) Unknown: Failed to get convolution algorithm. This is probably because cuDNN failed to initialize, so try looking to see if a warning log message was printed above.

[[{{node conv0/convolution}}]]

[[mrcnn_detection/map/while/Switch_2/_1409]]

(1) Unknown: Failed to get convolution algorithm. This is probably because cuDNN failed to initialize, so try looking to see if a warning log message was printed above.

[[{{node conv0/convolution}}]]

0 successful operations.

0 derived errors ignored.

Please provide me with a solution to move forward.

Thank You.

Hi,

You will need to install CUDA and cuDNN directly from our sdkmanger: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-sdk-manager
The CUDA toolkit installed from other source might cause issues.

After that, it’s recommended to install our official TensorFlow package, which is verified by our internal team:
https://docs.nvidia.com/deeplearning/frameworks/install-tf-jetson-platform/index.html

In the instructions shared above, we have specified the package version to avoid incompatibility.

$ sudo pip3 install -U numpy==<b>1.16.1</b> future==0.17.1 mock==3.0.5 h5py==2.9.0 keras_preprocessing==<b>1.0.5</b> keras_applications==<b>1.0.6</b> enum34 futures testresources setuptools protobuf

Thanks.

Hi,

I used your sdkmanager to flash the OS in Jetson Nano. Is there a separate process to install CUDA and cuDNN after installing the OS?

I used the below link from developer forum to install the Tensorflow.

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1048776/jetson-nano/official-tensorflow-for-jetson-nano-/

Thank for your response.

Hi,

There are two stage in the sdkmanager: ‘Jetson OS’ and ‘Jetson SDK Componenets’.
Please make sure you have the ‘Jetson SDK Componenets’ well-installed first.

Thanks.