Failed to install Jetpack

Hi All,
I install r32.5.2 on Jetson NANO. When I install Jetpack by using “sudo apt-get install nvidia-jetpack”, I meet errors below.
How can I resolve this !?

ubuntu@ubuntu-desktop:~$ sudo apt install nvidia-jetpack
[sudo] password for ubuntu:
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
nvidia-jetpack : Depends: nvidia-l4t-jetson-multimedia-api (> 32.5-0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: nvidia-l4t-jetson-multimedia-api (< 32.6-0) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

hello FrankPCP,

may I know what’s the environment of your Nano.
please check release tag for the confirmation, $ cat /etc/nv_tegra_release.
thanks

Hi JerryChang,
The following is the content of /etc/nv_tegra_release.

R32 (release), REVISION: 5.2, GCID: 27767740, BOARD: t210ref, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Fri Jul 9 16:01:52 UTC 2021

hello FrankPCP,

so you’re already on r32.5.2 release. please use apt to install components.

Hi JerryChang,
I do use apt to install jetpack on NANO. It seems that nvidia-jetpack depends on nvidia-l4t-jetson-multimedia-api with version 32.5-0 but the package on server is in version 32.6-0.

hi FrankPCP !

it seems you are running the lastest version of jetpack on your nano board.

jetpack is a SDK witch includes :

• linux for tegra (L4T), a Linux based system made by Nvidia for the Tegra processor series to run the OS on the board

• jetosn linux api : multimedia interfaces API for video manipulations using Tegra components ( VIC, NVenc GPU)

• CUDA and more things like that

take a look here :

JetPack SDK | NVIDIA Developer

notice that you can install some package ( like CUDa, jetson Linux API …) from apt.

so obviously, you are runnin jetpack R32 5.2 (lastest version today) on your board.

so let me ask you why you are tryning to install it ?

Hi bob7421,
I just follow the steps this link to install all other components of jetpack.

Do you mean the jetpack has been installed on my NANO after I flashed the newest L4T OS!?

Hello, My jetpack 4.3 was able to solve the broken package issue through the apt command. Then what difference did the difference between apt and apt-get cause in nv-tegra?
I don’t think there’s any issue on the PC, but is the storage that is loaded different in nv-tegra?
Thank you.

Hi yeongjae8066,

Please help to open a new topic if it’s still an issue. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.