Jetpack 4.5 Unable to locate package nvidia-jetpack

So I’m currently in the process of flashing two Nvidia TX2’s. Both of which will be using Connecttech carrier boards. The first I flashed with Jetpack 4.4 using the SDK Manager, utilizing the Connecttech BSP. Flash when smooth no issues. Using Apt-get I was able to install Jetpack and tensorflow with no issues.

The 2nd board I’m flashing with Jetpack 4.5 using the SDK Manager as well. I followed the same steps, using the Connecttech BSP, but this time, once I got the OS up and running, I was unable to install Jetpack via Aptitude.

I would only get “E: Unable to locate package nvidia-jetpack”. I verified with apt-search and it’s not locating the package. This is all that shows up

nvidia-cg-doc
nvidia-cuda-doc
nvidia-l4t-3d-core
nvidia-l4t-apt-source
nvidia-l4t-bootloader
nvidia-l4t-camera
nvidia-l4t-configs
nvidia-l4t-core
nvidia-l4t-cuda
nvidia-l4t-firmware
nvidia-l4t-graphics-demos
nvidia-l4t-gstreamer
nvidia-l4t-init
nvidia-l4t-initrd
nvidia-l4t-jetson-io
nvidia-l4t-kernel
nvidia-l4t-kernel-dtbs
nvidia-l4t-kernel-headers
nvidia-l4t-multimedia
nvidia-l4t-multimedia-utils
nvidia-l4t-oem-config
nvidia-l4t-tools
nvidia-l4t-wayland
nvidia-l4t-weston
nvidia-l4t-x11
nvidia-l4t-xusb-firmware
nvidia-prime
nvidia-settings

Is it possible that I need to add a repo to package manager?

Any suggestions? I’ve already reflashed the board 3 times, with no success. I’m probably going to just flash it with 4.4, but I wanted to reach out and see if there was something I’m missing.

We don’t know if ConnectTech changed the apt source with any purpose. Maybe you can contact ConnectTech with that first.

WayneWWW,

well you’re right. I haven’t heard back from Connectech yet, but when/if I do I image its the same issue that revolves around apt get upgrade.

So I jumped back to the board I flashed with 4.4. What ended up happening was, I ended up with an endless boot loop. At first, I couldn’t figure out why, so after many reflashes I see that using aptitude has broken something in the boot loader, similar to what happens when you attempt upgrade packages with aptitude. There’s something with Connectech that causes issues, I’m assuming in 4.5, they removed the ability to install jetpack with aptitude so it doesn’t cause this issue.

in either case I’m up and running utilizing 4.5, I just ended up installing everything through the SDK manager.

When you have a custom carrier board (anything other than the dev kit), then you have to have device tree changes (unless the custom board is electrically an exact match to the dev kit carrier board). It is expected for some part of boot or operation to fail when using the dev kit software on a custom carrier board which is not an exact match to the dev kit board.

During ordinary package updates, if a custom carrier’s board support package does not block the packages which were modified for the carrier, then the update will overwrite working files with files intended for other hardware (that is true if the dev kit package related to those files has an update). So the manufacturer (ConnectTech) would have eliminated the possibility of the ordinary update overwriting their changed files if you’ve installed via their BSP (and you should only install via their BSP unless you are prepared for also manually updating device tree and possibly other files).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.