Flash Xavier NX modules with a clone image from a reference module

Hello,

I’m following the guidelines here to flash the L4T binaries and sample filesystem to an external NVMe SSD using the production Xavier NX SoC in the devkit carrier board.

I can successfully flash it using the tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh script instead of the regular flash.sh script.

My question is about creating a clone of this image (I’ll be configuring it after the flashing process) and then I want to use this clone to flash other Xaviers (this is to prepare devices for deployment in production).

There is some information about how to create a clone, which in fact works even for cloning the APP partition off of the SSD using sudo ./flash.sh -r -k APP -G <clone> <board> nvme0n1p1.

My question is:
Is it possible to flash other modules using external NVMe SSDs with this cloned image?

Using the flash.sh script with the -r flag doesn’t work since I need to flash with initrd. I’ve been trying different combinations of flags passed to tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh without luck.

Hi,

Actually, only few partitions are on the NVMe. So you can directly use below command.

img2simg /dev/nvme0n1p1 system.img.ext → this is create the backup image

blkdiscard /dev/nvme0n1p1
simg2img system.img.ext /dev/nvme0n1p1 → this is to apply the backup image to partition.

If you want to use initrd_flash to flash this cloned out image to other device’s NVMe. You can just replace the system.img.ext during the workflow of initrd_flash. There should be one step that you can see this image inside the folder.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.