Flashing nvidia Orin NX on Nano devkit with NVMe not working

Hello,

I am trying to flash a my devkit without any success, I know there is lot of forum and “Get started” but nothing works actually.
The setup:

• Ubuntu 20.04 Host
  • Jetson Orin Nano DevKit (model: P3766)
  • Jetson Orin NX 16GB mounted on it (model: 900-13767-0000-000)
  • Lexar® NM620 M.2 2280 NVMe SSD 256 GB ( Lexar® NM620 M.2 2280 NVMe SSD | Lexar)

Scripts:
After multiple tries with sdkmanager directly without any success (failed to flash)
I used the script from GitHub - jetsonhacks/bootFromExternalStorage: Shell scripts to setup a NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier, Xavier NX, AGX Orin, or Orin Nano Developer Kit to boot from external storage. This scripts manage to call the right script from nvidia (means ./nvsdkmanager_flash.sh --storage nvme0n1p1 as expected here)

Once flash succeed, the board restarts and nothing , indeed, I got:

0001.881] C> LOADER: Could not read binary 6.
[0001.885] E> Failed to load MB2
[0001.888] C> Task 0x46 failed (err: 0x27228e18)
[0001.892] E> Top caller module: MB2_PARAMS, error module: LOADER, reason: 0x18, aux_info: 0x8e

I created complete logs (uart + script log)
logs.zip (40.2 KB)

Any idea ?

Could you flash jetpack5 instead of jetpack6 from sdkmanager first?

1 Like

Well, through sdkmanager app, I couldn’t flash my board (even JetPack 5) But I managed to use the same script from this repo: jetsonhacks/bootFromExternalStorage: Shell scripts to setup a NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier, Xavier NX, AGX Orin, or Orin Nano Developer Kit to boot from external storage. (github.com)

It flashed successfully my board.
Then I have flashed JetPack 6.0 successfully

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.