Fresh install of Ubuntu 22.04 only displaying on one monitor even though both are detected

I have a brand new laptop Lenovo Slim Pro 14 x (14ARH7). It has been freshly installed with Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. The laptop itself has a mobile GTX 3050 GPU with has the 515 drivers installed and set to performance mode. Two 2560*1440p monitors are connected via display port to a hub then connected via USB C to the laptop. Both refresh rates are set to 59.8HZ. I have used the exact same setup on an older version of Ubuntu with the previous Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 (no discrete graphics) and it worked completely fine.

Both monitors appear in settings but only one will display at a time. I have tried the open source NVIDIA drivers as well as the 510 driver instead of the 515 but they had no effect.

What can I do to fix this?
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (397.5 KB)

All monitors are connected to the amd gpu, so fiddling with the nvidia driver won’t help.
You’re using the modesetting driver instead of amdgpu, might be the culprit. Unfortunately, no xorg config files were included in the log, please run
find /etc/X11 /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d -name "*.conf" -print -exec cat '{}' \; >allconfig.txt
and attach allconfig.txt

This was actually completely solved (after numerous hours) by upgrading my linux kernel from 5.15 to 5.19.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.