Geforce Driver for MXM RTX 3080 for Clevo P775TM

I have a Clevo P775TM1-G with SUBSYS 7709 and I have unofficially installed RTX 3080 MXM.
It works perfectly and I managed to install the Nvidia driver.
The issue is that I need to modify the nvcvig.inf file located in Display>driver folder.

Due to this, I lose the digital signature of the driver.

Is it possible that you add a few lines of code for the next Drivers so I don’t lose the digital signature and I have it official?
I can provide the code lines that I usually modify so that it will be easier.

Hi there @geniux2008 and welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums.

Nice achievement! Did you actually solder a mobile 3080 scavenged from a different laptop into your Clevo? Impressive. But why not use the Donating PC in the first place?

In any case, you can always ask for things like this, but I hope you understand that for a company like NVIDIA it is not feasible to “add a few lines of code” from a single developer to a driver that regularly rolls out to millions of systems.

Unless of course you are working on Linux and your code change affects part of the open kernel modules, which you actually can modify and try to upstream.

Thanks!

I didn’t solder it. I installed a RTX 3080 MXM GPU. Clevo P775TM1-G is a modular laptop where you can change the CPU, ram, hard drive, and GPU.
I have attached a link where you can see what I mean.
RTX 3080 MXM

The problem I have is that my SUBSYS is 7709
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_24DC&SUBSYS_77091558&REV_A1

The NVIDIA driver comes without the support for Clevo P775TM1-G for GPUs that are higher than RTX 2080 MXM.

So I usually get into the file nvcvig.inf and modify this:
%NVIDIA_DEV.24DC.65E7.1558% = Section112, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_24DC&SUBSYS_65E71558
%NVIDIA_DEV.24DC.65F3.1558% = Section112, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_24DC&SUBSYS_65F31558
%NVIDIA_DEV.24DC.67F3.1558% = Section112, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_24DC&SUBSYS_67F31558
%NVIDIA_DEV.24DC.7709.1558% = Section110, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_24DC&SUBSYS_77091558

Due to this factor I need to install the driver by disabling hte digital signatures.
I thought maybe I could avoid the hassle by getting this implemented.

YOu said that I am alone, but I know many people who has this laptop or any clevo P Series laptop may have done this.

Hey, thank you, one more thing to learn! I was under the impression that MXM had been phased out years ago (I overlooked it in your original post, sorry).

And thanks for the clarification of what you meant by that “one line of code”.

The certification process is well defined between vendors and NVIDIA, which I am unable to influence in any way. That is a communication that needs to happen between the manufacturer of that MXM card (I guess it is from Clevo directly?) and NVIDIA itself. They do have proper sales and support channels.

So my suggestion would be to contact the MXM manufacturer and urge them to get trigger this process.

I am sorry if this is not exactly what you hoped for.

Ginux2008,
Could you possibly give me a rundown on how to get get a driver going for a 2080 super for the sane laptop?