recently testet a grid-powered XenApp-VM:
VMware 6.0, recent NVIDIA Driver for 20120R2 and ESX, XenDesktop 7.12 VDA, Server 2012 R2
What I did:
- Assigned a 240q profile to the Virtual Machine
- Installed VMware Tools and NVIDIA driver
- Changed VMware SVGA driver to "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"
- Disabled Vmware adapter, so GRID-Card is the only active display adapter.
- Installed Server VDA (no HDX3D-option in installer, this should be fine?)
- Applied RDS Policy "Use hardware adapter…" (Rachels Blog)
- Applied Multimonitor Hooks (EnableWPFHook, Rachels Blog)
- Installed VNC, connected run dxdiag - all looks fine (Jasons Configuration Checks Video)
However when I connect via ICA I only get a black screen. Session is alive (prompt for local printer access etc. appears), user processes are visible in taskmgr, sessino state active.
When I remove grid card I can logon successfully.
Did I miss sth?
When I connect to the machine using VNC and open display propertiers I can see 2 monitors. 1 NVIDIA, 1 other. NVIDIA is #2, the other (disabled one) #1.
Could this be the issue?