Windows Server 2012 /Xendesktop grid k2 install- verify vm's are using?

Im a bit confused- we currently have a few 2012 R2 servers with a grid k2 in each server.

outside of the driver installs on the physical server, is their anything else i need to do to make sure my vm’s are utilizing the grid cards?

within the vm’s themselves all i see under device manager > graphics adapters> citrix display only adapter and Microsoft RemoteFX Graphics Device = WDDM

also a bonus quuestion… on the server itself should i disable Microsoft basic display adapter since i also see the k2’s listed in display adapters?

Hi Olan,

first of all it would be helpful to know what is the use case? RDSH with XenApp?

Regards

Simon

Sorry about that- it is MCS via Xendesktop 7.13.

Hi Olan,

unfortunately I still don’t understand the full picture.
Are you going to use client OS VDIs with RemoteFX and XenDesktop ? If yes which OS?
With Hyper-V 2012 there is no GPU Passthrough or Nvidia GRID vGPU possibility available. The only possible option would therefore be RemoteFX which is only supported for client OS VMs. I’ve already had several cases where people tried to run RDSH VMs with RemoteFX…

There shouldn’t be a need to disable the basic display adapter.

Regards

Simon

Simon that basically answers my question- yes we are doing client vm’s with remotefx

i guess i need to look into the advantages of vgpu before i consider something else besides microsoft server 2012