GTX 760 Black Screen on Ubuntu | CentOS

Hello everyone!

I hope you are well, I have the following problem, since this year specifically with the version 440 driver and had too many problems with my GTX 760, specifically with the start that only remains on a black screen or the PC freezes.

This failure occurs in the same conditions with Ubuntu 20.04 and 20.04.1, CentOS 8.1.1911 and CentOS Stream 8 20201030.

I can’t blame the hardware because with the 417 and 390 drive version it worked 100% with Cuda support, but with the latest updates I can no longer use the Cuda cores of my GTX.

Since the last updates to the kernels, I cannot use my PC (I work with it) and at this moment I do not have money to upgrade, less with the pandemic.

I read all the documentation, post in this forum, I perform all the steps and I continue with the same problem, I just need a guide or help please and see if I am doing something wrong or it is definitely a fault in my GTX.

Any guidance and help is greatly appreciated.

Stay tuned, a hug!

Please attach an nvidia bug report to your post

Thanks, I did a fresh installation and the problem persists, now it is with the 390 driver but I cannot use the Cuda Cores.
bug report attached.nvidia-bug-report.log (1.7 MB)

In the end, I downgraded the Cuda version, leaving it at 10.2 with the 450 driver and it works correctly in Ubuntu 20.04.

Sometimes I have compatibility problems but it’s not a big deal.

I am reading the documentation to investigate what the problem is.

Too bad that Nvidia doesn’t give 100% support to Linux distributions.