Has anybody successfully installed OpenAI gym on Jetson Xavier NX?

I’m trying to install OpenAI gym (https://gym.openai.com/) on my Jetson Xavier NX and was wondering if anyone was successful in getting it to run on their setup, and if so what configurations they used, thanks!

Hi,

You can find some information below:

Thanks.

Hi @peter.moser, the jetson-reinforcement is outdated, although I hope to update it in the future.

However I was able to confirm that gym installed via pip3. I installed it into the l4t-ml container because that container already includes many of the dependencies that gym package needs (like scipy, ect)

This is how I was able to install it:

sudo docker run -it --rm --net=host --runtime nvidia nvcr.io/nvidia/l4t-ml:r32.5.0-py3
pip3 install gym

Hi Dusty, thank you for your reply! I was able to install OpenAI gym on the container you specified and run it. Everything works except for the rendering part. I was following some of the instructions on this post: python - How to run OpenAI Gym .render() over a server - Stack Overflow
but was still not able to get it to render properly. Would you have any advice on how to get gym.render() to work when running in docker?

I also tried to build from source on the Jetson Xavier NX (from jetson-reinforcement git library). There were a couple of errors during the build process and it then fails to locate the torch module when running the intro-pytorch notebook. Does jetson-reinforcement run on the Jetson Xavier NX?