I’m using newest drivers, mlnx-en-4.7-126.96.36.199-ubuntu19.04-x86_64, same result with OFED. Firmware was updated. I’m using HW timestamping, E2E over L2. Is there anything I could do on driver level to make time error to not increase? Any special options for compilation? Or how I can sync oscillator on card with Linux system clock?
Hello. I have a Connectx-4 Lx and I;m trying to setup PTP master from Linux Ubuntu 19.04 with this card to another device using ptp4l, no GPS. It works, but I noticed that time error gets linearly worse overtime. How I can make it stable?
- Please provide following: #ibv_devinfo |egrep “board|fw”
- What is the kernel version?
- Can you please elaborate on your statement “time error gets linearly worse overtime”?
- How do you validate this time error?
- You mentioned “I’m trying to setup PTP master from Linux Ubuntu 19.04 with this card to another device” , What is the other device?
- With # it gives no output. Without it: Failed to get IB devices list: Unknown error -38
- I mean that offset as observed from the other side gets larger by about 20ns every couple of seconds.
- and 5. I’m sorry, but it’s confidential.
I’m experimenting with phc2sys to sync card clock with Linux.