Volume rendering is an important visualization technology widely used in scientific analysis and medical imaging. It is mainly used to provide an intuitive 3D-View of a given 3D volume dataset.
VolTK is a free C++ Toolkit that implements a tri-layer volume rendering framework, which is designed to meet the requirements of both algorithm research and application assemblage. As a volume rendering researcher, I personally use it as a testing bed for my new ideas.
- Tri-layer volume rendering
- CPU implementation: multi-threading supported
- GPU implementation: CUDA based implementation
- CPU-GPU correspondance
- Both low level interfaces and high level interfaces are provided
- Replace the components easily with your own design
- Various rendering modes: MIP/Isosurface/Full volume rendering
- Endoscopy interaction mode implemented
- Pre-integration supported
- Cross platform (windows and RHEL tested)