Host PC cannot detect Xavier Target Board with 'lsusb'

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version (5.1.6.1-16902563)
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other (1.6.1.8175)

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

I am having issues detecting my dev board with my host PC. When I issue the lsusb command from the host, I do not see the “Future Technologies” devices that are expected when able to communicate with the target board. I am connected to the USB Debug port using an A-to-A cable connected to my host PC, but have not been successful in seeing any kind of communication between the two. I am trying to upgrade the board DRIVE OS to the latest version (5.2.6)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi @thomas.korenchan,

Please share the output of lsusb command.
Have you ever successfully access the target system from your host system?

So far I have not successfully accessed the target system from my host PC (the dev system had been flashed previously from a different owner and I do not have any knowledge of their experience with connecting to the board).

Here is my output of lsusb:

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0a2b Intel Corp.
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1bcf:2b96 Sunplus Innovation Technology Inc.
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0a5c:5832 Broadcom Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Did you follow Setting Up the E3550 Platform and connect the USB 2.0 Type A to Type A cable from the Linux host system to the USB 2.0 debug port on the platform?
Could you try if rebooting your host system helps?

Yes - my dev system setup is consistent with the “Setting Up the E3550 Platform” instructions, and I have a USB 2.0 A2A cable from my host PC to the Debug Port. I’ve rebooted my host but I am still not seeing anything change when I use the lsusb command.

Could you also check this with the previous owner at the same time?
Could you try to connect to another USB port on the host system? Have you powered on the system?

Normally once the target system is on, you should see below additional USB devices in lsusb output.

Bus 001 Device 007: ID 0403:6011 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT4232H Quad HS USB-UART/FIFO IC
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0403:6011 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT4232H Quad HS USB-UART/FIFO IC
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0403:6011 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT4232H Quad HS USB-UART/FIFO IC
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0403:6011 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT4232H Quad HS USB-UART/FIFO IC
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:2807 Standard Microsystems Corp.

I have tried connecting to the other USB-A type ports on the board (i.e. USB3 XA-1 and XA-2, USB2 XA, etc.) in addition to the Debug Port, but I do not see any communication when I send lsusb command. The system successfully powers on and I can see the “Nvidia Drive Development Platform Xavier A” on the desktop interface, and I am able to use both a keyboard and mouse in addition to the HDMI interface, so I assume there is nothing wrong with the board hardware itself.

I have also tested multiple USB 2.0 A2A cables, but I still do not set the “Future Technology Devices…” when I command lsusb.

Sorry for not clear. I meant to try another USB port of your “host” system instead of the target system (must connect to “Debug Port” which is at the right bottom corner of Back Panel).