How do I use computeprof in command line?

I have OPENCL_PROFILE=1 and OPENCL_PROFILE_CONFIG=configfile.cfg both set and the output log produces the right header columns (based on config file) but no actual data.

Help?

Make sure you release all resources before the end of your program. ( clReleaseXXX ). The profiler doesn’t work if you don’t.

Also, I even had to give a event pointer to all my enqueue calls and release that event.

So use this :

cl_event evt;

clEnqueueXXX(...., &evt);

clReleaseEvent(evt);

and not this:

clEnqueueXXX(...., NULL);

Make sure you release all resources before the end of your program. ( clReleaseXXX ). The profiler doesn’t work if you don’t.

Also, I even had to give a event pointer to all my enqueue calls and release that event.

So use this :

cl_event evt;

clEnqueueXXX(...., &evt);

clReleaseEvent(evt);

and not this:

clEnqueueXXX(...., NULL);

Thanks alot this seems to work well.

Though I’d like to say that I don’t think you should have to release everything in order to profile, this is NOT the case with AMD GPUs and their profiler. My code profiled just fine prior to adding the “release” on AMD Stream SDK 2.2.

Thanks alot this seems to work well.

Though I’d like to say that I don’t think you should have to release everything in order to profile, this is NOT the case with AMD GPUs and their profiler. My code profiled just fine prior to adding the “release” on AMD Stream SDK 2.2.