How do I use Jetson Nano as CCTV?

I have a raspberry pie camera module and a WIFI module.
I would like to use these two to make the Jetson Nano as CCTV.
I want to connect the Jetson to the WIFI and see the camera image or the stored image in real time using smart phone or using computer.
What should I do?
Help ME!!! PLZ…

Hi mal07095, you may find these example GStreamer pipelines useful from the L4T Accelerated GStreamer User Guide:

[url]https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/l4t-accelerated-gstreamer-guide-32-1[/url]

You can use them to encode/decode the camera with H.264/H.265 and other compression codecs, store the compressed video to disk, and also use additional GStreamer elements to stream the video over the network via protocols like RTP or RTSP.

typically you would like to start rtsp server, e.g.:

sudo apt-get install libgstrtspserver-1.0 libgstreamer1.0-dev
wget https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-rtsp/gst-rtsp-server-1.14.1.tar.xz
tar -xvf gst-rtsp-server-1.14.1.tar.xz
cd  gst-rtsp-server-1.14.1
cd examples
gcc test-launch.c -o test-launch $(pkg-config --cflags --libs gstreamer-1.0 gstreamer-rtsp-server-1.0)
./test-launch "nvarguscamerasrc ! video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=NV12, width=1920, height=1080, framerate=30/1 ! nvvidconv ! video/x-raw, width=640, height=480, format=NV12, framerate=30/1 ! omxh265enc ! rtph265pay name=pay0 pt=96 config-interval=1"

then read from it e.g with

gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location=rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/test ! queue ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! xvimagesink
2 Likes

Thank you all for your help!
Thank you everyone!

Hi Andrey,

This is working but Im unable to access the stream on any of the LAN computers. Error :-

mpv "rtsp://192.168.31.165:8554"
[ffmpeg/demuxer] rtsp: method DESCRIBE failed: 404 Not Found
[lavf] avformat_open_input() failed
Failed to recognize file format.

Exiting... (Errors when loading file)

Though if I type the same command on jetson nano mpv “rtsp://192.168.31.165:8554”, it plays the stream on nano

Need to have /test at the end of your URI…