Mplayer on nano

Hi,
I have been working with both the raspberry pi and jetson nano. On a desktop mplayer can be used to connect to the pi that is autorunning a VLC.service file that executes the command os.system(“raspivid -t 0 -n -vf -w 1280 -h 720 -hf -ih -fps 20 -o - | nc -k -l 8090”) which creates a video stream that can be displayed on the desktop. Is there any way to do something similar on the jetson nano?

there is no raspvid on jetson,
but mplayer, ffmpeg & gstreamer
also v4l2loopback often is used.

Hi,
How exactly would I use those to send a live video stream to my computer from the nano?

I suggest to consider rtsp

sudo apt-get install libgstrtspserver-1.0 libgstreamer1.0-dev
wget https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-rtsp/gst-rtsp-server-1.14.1.tar.xz
tar -xvf gst-rtsp-server-1.14.1.tar.xz
cd  gst-rtsp-server-1.14.1
cd examples
gcc test-launch.c -o test-launch $(pkg-config --cflags --libs gstreamer-1.0 gstreamer-rtsp-server-1.0)
./test-launch "nvarguscamerasrc ! video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=NV12, width=3820, height=2464, framerate=21/1 ! nvvidconv ! video/x-raw, width=3820, height=2464, format=NV12, framerate=21/1 ! omxh265enc ! rtph265pay name=pay0 pt=96 config-interval=1"

Hi,
So for the packages you listed above how would those be used? Also, does the rtsp method work with a CSI camera?

yes, were you able to use it with CSI camera?