How to change Image choice

When I change The Image files 。there is two method to repalce kernel files
1.copy Image file to /boot/ and reboot
2.copy The file to Linux_for_Tegra/kernel dir and run sudo ./flash.sh -k kernel jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1
I Have two Xavier device, One is worked on method one,and another is worked on methos two
so i guess
Is there have same operate to change OS start from /boot/Image or kernel partition?

FYI, if the file “/boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf” lacks a line naming the “Image” file in “/boot”, then it uses the partition’s image. Example line:
LINUX /boot/Image

You could in fact add more entries to be selected during boot via serial console interrupting the boot. Here is an example of a custom boot in extlinux.conf:

TIMEOUT 30
DEFAULT primary

MENU TITLE p2771-0000 eMMC boot options

LABEL primary
      MENU LABEL primary kernel
      LINUX /boot/Image
      APPEND ${cbootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw rootwait rootfstype=ext4

LABEL custom
      MENU LABEL custom kernel
      LINUX /boot/Image-custom

During boot the original boot would occur if not hitting any buttons, and the secondary entry (the “custom” entry) would boot if serial console interrupts and it chooses entry “2” (you just need to hit the right keys at the right time).

If you’ve burned security fuses, then extlinux.conf will be ignored and only partitions can be used.

Normally I consider it a bad idea to replace the “Image” file. It is better to have an alternate name, e.g., “Image-custom”, and then use a second entry. If it works as expected, then that entry can become the first entry to default boot the custom entry. Example:

TIMEOUT 30
DEFAULT custom

MENU TITLE p2771-0000 eMMC boot options

LABEL custom
      MENU LABEL custom kernel
      LINUX /boot/Image-custom

LABEL primary
      MENU LABEL primary kernel
      LINUX /boot/Image

To remove a particular entry’s use of the “/boot/Image” file simply comment out or remove that line in the particular boot entry of extlinux.conf. To switch to the file itself on a system which has not had security fuses burned, just add the “LINUX ...file...” line.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.