How to enable dummy audio codec in NVIDIA Jetson TX2 NX?

Hi all,

I want to enable dummy audio codec in NVIDIA Jetson TX2 NX. How can we enable the same?Kindly help on this?

Thanks in advance

Hi joseneethu75,

By default, dummy sound card is available under name “tegrasndt186ref” in TX2 NX.

By dummy audio codec, do you mean a dummy software sound card that can be used for loopback?
Provide details of usecase intended

Thanks

Hi atalambedu,

Sorry for the late reply.I want to interface I2S1 of TX2 NX with an audio processor .I am setting audio processor as slave and NVIDIA as master.NVIDIA needs to communicate with audio processor by outputting bclk and fsync.I am trying to create a dummy codec for this.How can we do the same?

Hi joseneethu75,

If you wish to receive the fs and bclk signals on audio processor’s I2S,

1. Connect to corresponding I2S lines on TX2.
  2. Configure I2S1 pin with appropriate pinmux settings using Jetson-IO tool
  3. Since I2S1 is already connected to dummy codec dai in default kernel dtb as sound node’s dai link #1,
    no additional DT config is needed. Initiating playback on I2S1 will help pass signals on fs and bclk from
    TX2 I2S1 to external I2S.

For playback examples and other details, refer documentation: https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/asoc_driver.19.1.html#

For further discussion, start a new topic as the current topic has already been marked as solved

Thanks

Hi @atalambedu ,

Thank you for the response.I will check and get back to you

Hi @atalambedu ,

I also need to interface I2S0 of TX2 NX with an audio processor.If that so , what all DT changes needs to be done?

Hi joseneethu75

Please file a new forum issue with audio processor and usecase details

Thanks