How do I install FastAI on the Nvidia Jetson-nano (4GB) Development Kit?
I’ve been able to install the provided PyTorch and test whether it detects GPU sucessfully, but I’ve been so far unable to install FastAI.
pip3 install fastaigets stuck for a long time building the SpaCy wheel and never seems to finish.
pip3 install fastaiafter manually installing some of the requirements, but It removes the manually installed torch and replaces with a non-GPU enabled one. Also crashes when loading on python because the used python version is too old (3.6).
- using conda, with a more recent python (3.8), but does not use the GPU
- building fastai from source, but it fails when building fastcore with
ERROR: Cannot install fastcore because these package versions have conflicting dependencies. The conflict is caused by: nbdev 1.2.3 depends on nbconvert>=6.1 nbdev 1.2.2 depends on nbconvert>=6.1 nbdev 1.2.1 depends on nbconvert>=6.4.1 nbdev 1.2.0 depends on nbconvert>=6.4.1
- following this guide
- or this guide but takes a long time (12+ hours) and does not seem to work.
- or adapting this more recent one but is too specific for xavier
- looking at similar threads but the issue is not similar.
I feel like a big part of the problem here is that the python on the jetson nano is too old, but I don’t know how to build the torch wheel for a more recent version.
Any advice on how to get fastai to work is appreciated, so far I’ve not been able to find a configuration/alternative to installing FastAI that works properly.