How to set up RoCE transmission between Linux and Windows?

I have a Linux server and a Windows Server 2016 server, both equipped with Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx 25Gbps network cards. The Linux and Windows servers are directly connected via optical fiber (without going through a switch), and both sides can only ping each other. On Linux, I am using ‘rping,’ and on Windows, I am using ‘nd_rping.’
However, when I use the ‘write_bw’ command for testing, both devices show no response:

linux:i
b_write_bw -a -c RC -d mlx5_1 -i 1 1.1.1 --report_gbits

Windows:
nd_write_bw.exe -s 1048576 -D 10 -S 1.1.1.1

I used Wireshark 4.2.0 and can see that Linux is sending many TCP handshake packets to Windows, such as SYN. Subsequently, the ‘ib_write_bw’ on Linux ends without any response, and the output is as follows:

Couldn’t connect to 1.1.1.1:18515
Unable to open file descriptor for socket connection Unable to init the socket connection

The linux has already test with another linux before, the results were as expected。
So,I think there might be an issue with the Windows2016 configuration. Could you guide me on how to configure it correctly? Thanks a lot

Hello luw_28,

Thank you for posting your inquiry on the NVIDIA Developer Forum - Infrastructure and Networking - Section.

To check interoperability between Linux and Windows, please review the following link, which explains the nd_rping utility → Fabric Performance Utilities - NVIDIA Docs

Currently the only tool to test RDMA performance between Windows and Linux is from → https://www.starwindsoftware.com/starwind-rperf (Free Download)

Thank you and regards,
~NVIDIA Networking Technical Support

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.