I can't install MLNX_OFED_LINUX-5.2-2.2.0.0-4.15.0-139-generic and MLNX_OFED_LINUX-5.2-2.2.0.0-4.15.0-137-generic

Kernel version:4.15.0-139-generic

gcc version 7.5.0 (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04)

HCA:MT27800 Family [ConnectX-5]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

./mlnxofedinstall ,the source of the error is as follows:

I think it was caused by -Werror=implicit-function-declaration.

./mlnxofedinstall --force --add-kernel-support , Same as the above error.

Everything works fine on 4.15.0-136-generic.

mlnx-ofed-kernel-dkms.make.log (503 KB)

Hello Zhe,

Thank you for posting your inquiry on the NVIDIA Networking Community.

Based on the information provided, we can inform you that this issue is resolved in the upcoming version of MLNX_OFED 5.3 GA which is targeted for the end of the month.

Thank you and regards,

~NVIDIA Networking Technical Support

Will the same MOFED 5.3 address Ubuntu 20.04? I am having the same basic problem as Zhe Zhao while trying to install MOFED 5.2-2.2.0.0 on Ubuntu 20.04.02 with kernel 5.4.0-67. Several hundred errors about variable declarations. I don’t recall having problems when I installed this same version of MOFED on Ubuntu 20.04.02 with kernel 5.4.0-65 last month.

Will the same MOFED 5.3 fix apply to Ubuntu 20.10?

I have the same issues as others in this thread. The DKMS compilation fails with compilation errors; it seems like the build system was changed to treat warnings as errors, but the code was not updated to remove the warnings.

As Mark points out, this problem has cropped up within the past few weeks. I’ve recently installed MOFED 5.2.1.0.4 and there were no issues during the installation several weeks ago.

Can a workaround be provided in the meantime to address this issue?

If not, can someone describe where the compiler flags are last set in the build system so that I can circumvent the problem myself. The build scripts are pretty complex.