Imaging an IB Switch with Custom Firmware

I have a SX6018 purchased off of eBay which I want to image via a custom firmware build. Can anyone walk me through some of the steps I need to take to get this thing imaged? Can anyone point me in the right direction to acquire a copy of MLNX-OS?

This switch is the last ingredient to my homelab, but I’m broke so I opted for the cheap option that involves more work.

Best Regards!

Hi Cole,

You would need to have a valid support contract with Mellanox Technologies in order to get the software image.

Best Regards!

I’m in the same situation. I bought an HP c7000 off of eBay that came with a managed FDR switch for my homelab. I can’t do anything with it because everything I do, I get the “no licenses installed” message. Does Mellanox offer any type of homelab or non-commercial licenses for people that want to learn their technology? The only way I to run it now is to run OpenSM on node connected to the switch. It would be nice to be able to play around with the managed switch.

Hi,

The HP switch blade software are licenses are provided by HP. Did you try contacting HP for servicing the equipment?