[IMX219] - cameras don't work on Jetpack 4.6-b197 but work on Jetpack 4.3

Hello,

I have problem with run camera on Jetson Nano Devkit B01 with Jetpack 4.6-b197. When I try run camera:
gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc sensor_id=1 ! nvoverlaysink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED …
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL …
Setting pipeline to PLAYING …
New clock: GstSystemClock
Error generated. /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/multimedia/nvgstreamer/gst-nvarguscamera/gstnvarguscamerasrc.cpp, execute:725 No cameras available
Got EOS from element “pipeline0”.
Execution ended after 0:00:00.011917509
Setting pipeline to PAUSED …
Setting pipeline to READY …
Setting pipeline to NULL …
Freeing pipeline …
(Argus) Error EndOfFile: Unexpected error in reading socket (in src/rpc/socket/client/ClientSocketManager.cpp, function recvThreadCore(), line 266)
(Argus) Error EndOfFile: Receive worker failure, notifying 1 waiting threads (in src/rpc/socket/client/ClientSocketManager.cpp, function recvThreadCore(), line 340)
(Argus) Error InvalidState: Argus client is exiting with 1 outstanding client threads (in src/rpc/socket/client/ClientSocketManager.cpp, function recvThreadCore(), line 357)
(Argus) Error EndOfFile: Receiving thread terminated with error (in src/rpc/socket/client/ClientSocketManager.cpp, function recvThreadWrapper(), line 368)
(Argus) Error EndOfFile: Client thread received an error from socket (in src/rpc/socket/client/ClientSocketManager.cpp, function send(), line 145)
(Argus) Error EndOfFile: (propagating from src/rpc/socket/client/SocketClientDispatch.cpp, function dispatch(), line 91)
Log from dmesg.dmesg_jetpack_4_6.log (59.4 KB)

I run cameras on Jetpack 4.3 without any problem. What I must additiona do to run camera on Jetpack 4.6?

hello mateusz,

this looks strange, we had IMX219 on Jetson Nano with r32.6.1 release and it just works well.
may I know which camera module you’re using? is it Raspberry Pi Camera Module V2, IMX219?

I use two cameras (the same errors for both):

1. Arducam B0189
  2. Arducam B0179
    The only thing I changed is modify gpio in device-tree and I added driver to touchscreen. But in logs from boot I don’t see any problem with I2C, so I think that it doesn’t influent for cameras.

hello mateusz,

could you please confirm with the vendor to understand the workable JetPack versions.
please also share the kernel init messages for reference, i.e. $ dmesg > klog.txt

Hello
dmesg > klog.txt from workable Jetpack 4.3: klog.txt (57.1 KB)
I don’t understand why cameras don’t work on newest Jetpack 4.6. Do you have any idea?

hello mateusz,

please share kernel logs with non-workable combination.
you should also include some device tree changes since this is Arducam instead of default Raspberry Pi Camera Module V2, IMX219 modules,

Hello,
I sent logs in first post from non-workable combination.
I use this tutorial to run camera: Jetson Nano B01 - Dual Raspberry Pi Cameras - JetsonHacks.
I didn’t change anything in device tree in Jetpack 4.3 so I think that in Jetpack 4.6 I shouldn’t change too. Unfortunately, the cameras still don’t work on Jetpack 4.6.

hello mateusz,

there’s i2c failure, the camera did not register successfully.

[   10.173971] tegra-vii2c 546c0000.i2c: no acknowledge from address 0x10
[   10.179678] regmap_util_write_table_8:regmap_util_write_table:-121
[   10.179679] imx219 7-0010: Error writing mode
[   10.179690] vi 54080000.vi: calibration failed with -121 error

since you’re having your own customize device tree,
please contact with sensor vendor to include some device tree changes to enable the camera sensor.

[    0.215997] DTS File Name: /home/unisystem/kevmo314_tutorial/Linux_for_Tegra/source/public/kernel/kernel-4.9/arch/arm64/boot/dts/../../../../../../hardware/nvidia/platform/t210/porg/kernel-dts/tegra210-p3448-0000-p3449-0000-b00.dts

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.