Install error for RC3

I am encountering an install error when installing NSight VS edition 3.0.0.13079 on Win8 x64. All the info it gives me is “NVIDIA Nsight Visual Studio Edition 3.0.0.13079 Setup Wizard ended prematurely”. The only other info I get from the event logs is “Installation success or error status: 1603”. I tried the setup with and without CUDA.

Any ideas? Let me know if there is any other info I can give.

Hi,

Can you run the following command and attach the log?

msiexec /i "InstallerName.msi" /l*v "Installer.log"

BTW, Release 3.0 does not official support Windows 8, but that error shouldn’t occur.

Thanks

Here is the log.[url]https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6nl4N-ch0HVU0dlWFRSTm5seEk/edit?usp=sharing[/url]
Thanks!

Do you have Visual Studio 2012 installed and if so, which version?

Could you close all instances of Visual Studio, and then execute the following from the command line?

Let us know what happens. Thanks.

I am actually in the process of getting support regarding installing VS 2012 Ultimate. There are files remaining on my machine from a failed installation of VS 2012. Unfortunately, MS supplies no utility for cleaning up failed installations of VS.

As such, there is no devenv.com in my Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE folder.

Do you know which files/registry entries I need to remove in order for the Nsight installer to not be affected by VS 2012?

That file should be there. Unfortunately, there isn’t much we can do to get around the installer’s detection of your VS2012 installation. I would suggest attempting a reinstall of Visual Studio 2012 if possible.