Installed Arduino on Jetson Nano and working, however??

Installed Arduino on Jetson Nano and working, however I can select the Board from the tools dropdown but the ports are greyed out.

I can see the port if I ls usb in terminal.

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics HL-340 USB-Serial adapter.

please help.

Noob only tinkered with Arduino so Nano is a giant leap for me.

Installed Arduino on Jetson Nano and working, however I can select the Board from the tools dropdown but the ports are greyed out.

I can see the port if I ls usb in terminal.

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics HL-340 USB-Serial adapter.

please help.

Noob only tinkered with Arduino so Nano is a giant leap for me.

Hi,
We don’t have experience of running Arduino on Jetsno Nano. Other users may have tried it and can share experiences.

We support gstreamer and tegra_multimedia_api frameworks on Jetson platforms. You may check if you can apply to the usecase.
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/NVIDIA_Tegra_Linux_MultimediaAPIReference
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/l4t-accelerated-gstreamer-guide-32-2

When saying “installed Arduino” do you mean “Arduino IDE” and you have trouble selecting the “serial port” for uploading compiled binary code to the Arduino that is connected via USB to the Nano?

Hi, Yes installed Arduino IDE, downloaded the Arm 64bit version, it either compiled something or downloaded it, lot of text on screen flashed by, as I said I am a noob from the Arduino world so feel a little out of my depth at the moment, but iam told it’s a sharp learning curve and not as difficult as it seems?

I think you are referring to code compiled and sent to Arduino and yes I am unable to upload code to Arduino, I can select the Board i.e Uno, Mega etc… but the ports in the tools drop-down is greyed out.

Hope I have clarified my question.

When the Arduino is connected via the USB serial port it should be “visible” to the Jetson Nano. You should be able to verify that with command “lsusb”, this should give you a listing of devices on the USB bus. See also this video (for Jetson TX1 but should be applicable for the Nano as well):

You probably need to disable the nvgetty service first as mentioned in this topic: Jetson Nano how to use UART on /ttyTHS1 - Jetson Nano - NVIDIA Developer Forums

Hi thanks for your help all up and running.

kind Regards

Jim