I’m trying to install Codeworks for Android 1R4 on a Windows 10 machine.
When I run the executable, I get the Windows UAC popup asking if I want to let this program make changes to my computer, then when I click yes, nothing happens. The installation wizard never appears, and the program is not running according to task manager.
I have tried various things:
- Making sure no Android/Visual Studio related applications are running and rebooting my machine
- Disabling Windows Defender and Windows Firewall
- Right-clicking on the exe and using Run As Administrator
- Uninstalling all my existing TADP resources and deleting c:\NVPack
- Running the Codeworks for Android 1R3 installer produces identical results.
I find that the older AndroidWorks 1R2 installer does launch successfully, and I’m currently attempting to install that, then hoping that’ll magically fix whatever has gone wrong with Codeworks 1R4, but it feels like a bit of a long shot (and also a long-winded process).
Anyone had similar problems and found a workaround?
Anyone got any ideas of what else I could try, or any way I can help narrow down the cause?