Installing TensorFlow 2 Object detection API on Jetson Nano missing Tensorflow io

Hello all,
I am trying to install TensorFlow 2 Object detection API
I first installed TensorFlow from the official TensorFlow topic in this forum

using the command below:
sudo pip3 install --pre --extra-index-url https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/redist/jp/v44 tensorflow==2.3.1+nv20.12
The installation runs successfully, when I try to follow the TensorFlow official website to install object detection API https://github.com/tensorflow/models/blob/master/research/object_detection/g3doc/tf2.md
I get error when in the last command

sudo apt-get install protobuf-compiler
git clone https://github.com/tensorflow/models.git
cd models/research
# Compile protos.
protoc object_detection/protos/*.proto --python_out=.
# Install TensorFlow Object Detection API.
cp object_detection/packages/tf2/setup.py .
python -m pip install --use-feature=2020-resolver .

The error:

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement tensorflow_io (from object-detection) (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for tensorflow_io

I tried to install tensorflow_io using pip but it returns the same error.
sudo pip3 install tensorflow-io
I saw in another thread that you must build tensorflow-io from source but I do not know how?
Can someone help resolve this issue?
Thanks in advance

Jetpack 4.4.1
cuda 10.2
cuDNN 8.0
TensorRT 7.1.3.0

Hi,

First, it’s recommended to upgrade your software to the latest JetPack 4.6.1 first.

Based on the error, it indicates that tensorflow_io doesn’t have a prebuilt package for Jetson.
You can get it by building from the source.

Thanks.

Hi AastaLLL;
Thanks for your reply
I tried building from source TensorFlow io but still getting the same error. I installed Bazel correctly but TensorFlow io throws the same error
could you please give me a step by step how to build it correctly
Your help is very appreciated

I actually have the same problem, I cannot figure it out … I built it from bazel and docker still the same problem.

I actually done something I don’t know if I should’ve done it or not but it seems to work well, I commented out the importing of tfio and using it

Hi,

Do you indicate the below error?

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement tensorflow_io (from object-detection) (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for tensorflow_io

The error is caused by pip3.
Since there is no prebuilt available for ARM, please compile it from the source rather than using pip3.

Thanks.

1 Like

I’ve done it from scrach using bazel from this link: TensorFlow I/O
And I’ve tried using docker still the same problem persists, so I commented every dependencies on tensorflow io, if you have clear steps on building it from source we’ll be grateful

1 Like

Actually tensorflow io is useless, commenting it out make it all work out …

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.