Invalid Enum given by rtCreateTextureSamplerFromGLImage after Driver Update

I had a program which created a texture sampler from a 3D texture but after I updated the driver I am getting an Invalid Enum error. My machine uses a GTX 1080. Unfortunately, I don’t manage this computer and all the “Help” desk told me about the driver update is that they pushed a “newer” version of “NVIDIA driver”. Here is the failing code

glGenTextures(1, &volume_textureId);
		glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_3D, volume_textureId);
		glTexImage3D(GL_TEXTURE_3D, 0, GL_R32F, volume_size.x, volume_size.y, volume_size.z, 0, GL_RED, GL_FLOAT, (void*)& volumeRaw[0]);
		glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_3D, 0);
		// create optix 3D texture sampler
		volume_texture = context->createTextureSamplerFromGLImage(volume_textureId, RT_TARGET_GL_TEXTURE_3D);
		volume_texture->setFilteringModes(RT_FILTER_LINEAR, RT_FILTER_LINEAR, RT_FILTER_NONE);
		volume_texture->setWrapMode(0, RT_WRAP_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);
		volume_texture->setWrapMode(1, RT_WRAP_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);
		volume_texture->setWrapMode(2, RT_WRAP_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);
		context["volumeTextureId"]->setInt(volume_texture->getId());

and here is the error

GL CALLBACK: ** GL ERROR ** type = 0x824c, severity = 0x9146, message = GL_INVALID_ENUM error generated. Operation is not valid from the core profile.

Full GPU specs as told to me by the sample code I stole from NVIDIA samples

Number of Devices = 1

Device 0: GeForce GTX 1080
  Compute Support: 6.1
  Total Memory: 8589934592
  Clock Rate: 1733500 kHz
  Max. Threads per Block: 1024
  Streaming Multiprocessor Count: 20
  Execution Timeout Enabled: 1
  Max. Hardware Texture Count: 1048576
  TCC Driver enabled: 0
  CUDA Device Ordinal: 0

Any help would be extremely appreciated as I have a presentation of this program coming up shortly.

I forgot some likely helpful information. I am using Optix 6.0.0 and Cuda 10.1 and GLFW3

Commenting out that section, just to see if the rest would run, reveals that it is not only a problem with 3D textures, it also fails on 2D textures with the same error code.

Hi @alrowden,

Does the optixTextureSampler program run for you, or produce the same GL error?

David.

Perhaps, somewhat related problem?

Sorry about the delay. I convinced the Help desk to roll back my drivers temporarily so I cannot debug right now. I will update this when I can take the necessary debug steps. Sorry about the delay.