Is it possible to run course notebooks in Docker?

Hi everyone,

I am working to my academic project with Jetson Nano. On the other hand, I continue the courses. I think the Jupyter Notebook files required for the Getting Started with DeepStream for Video Analytics on Jetson Nano course are only in their operating system image. Reinstalling the system is not suitable for me at the moment. Is there a docker container in which we can run the Jupyter Notebook of this course, as we did in the Getting Started with AI on Jetson Nano course?

Thanks from now.
Y.

Hi,

May I know which JetPack version do you use now?

Since L4T docker mounts libraries from the Jetson, there are some dependencies between the software and docker image.
This limitation indicates that you need the same JetPack version for the container and Jetson itself.

Do you want to take the below class?
https://courses.nvidia.com/courses/course-v1:DLI+C-IV-02+V1/about
For this class, it depends on Deepstream 4.0.1, which uses the JetPack4.3 software.

Thanks.

Hi @AastaLLL ,

This is exactly the course that I want to take. To be honest, I cannot remember Jetpack version that I flashed my Nano. When I execute a Python script for this purpose, I got the following output:

NVIDIA Jetson Nano (Developer Kit Version)
L4T 32.4.4 [ JetPack UNKNOWN ]
Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
Kernel Version: 4.9.140-tegra
CUDA 10.2.89
CUDA Architecture: 5.3
OpenCV version: 4.1.1
OpenCV Cuda: NO
CUDNN: 8.0.0.180
TensorRT: 7.1.3.0
Vision Works: 1.6.0.501
VPI: 0.4.4

So, Is there any other way that I can access the materials of this course? If so, can you make the guidance?

Thanks for your interest.
Y.

Hi,

Just check the class, it may work with Deepstream 5.0 with some manual update.
Sorry that we don’t have enough time to verify this, but you can give it a try if you don’t mind.

1. Make sure you have downloaded and installed Deeptream 5.0 from the SDK manager.

2. Download the dsnano_v1-0-0_20GB_200131A.zip file from the class and unzip it.

3. Extract the image and copy the following folder to the Jetson:

/home/dlinano/Notebookls
/home/dlinano/deepstream_sdk_v4.0.2_jetson/sources/apps/dli_apps

4. Manually update the path and library name accordingly.

5. Launch the Notebooks.

Thanks.