Is the Jetson Xavier max network speed 1 Gigabit or 10 Gigabit ??

Can somebody clarify if the Jetson Xavier max network speed 1 Gigabit or 10 Gigabit?

Most places I see the specs listed the indication seems to be “Gigabit Ethernet”, for example here:

However, there is some information out there indicating the Xavier can handle up to 10 Gigabit, especially these two posts:

(see the last two comments)

At 2:47 this vid clearly shows a typical Ethernet port:

Quick backstory on intended use:

The company I work for has a product that performs vision (reading characters, looking for certain objects, etc) in up to 10 images at a time. Multiple of the images are large line scan images. We currently have a server to perform this task and are considering attempting to replace the server with an Xavier. We need to be able to stream data at up to 3 Gigabits per second.

Here are my questions:

1. Can the Xavier go up to 10 Gigabits per second?

2. If so, which physical port is used? Our company is relatively small so we would pretty much for certain use the dev board shown in the video above in production rather than spin our own carrier board. From the above links, I’m under the impression that the regular Ethernet connector on the dev board is limited to 1 Gigabit, but plugging a 10 Gigabit network interface card into the vertical PCIe slot on the side of the dev kit would allow up 10 Gbps, is this correct? Or does the regular Ethernet connector go up to 10 Gbps despite what the specs indicate?

1 Like

The Xavier ethernet is only 1GbE. People have asked about adding PCIe cards for 10GbE. There are cases where people ask about throughput of other connectors, e.g., the USB3 type-C. The ethernet is only 1GbE. USB3.1 might give you a better option in some cases. 10GbE will require an add-on card.

1 Like

Can anybody confirm 3+ Gbps with a PCIe card in the vertical PCIe slot on the side of the Xavier dev board, or 3+ Gbps via USB 3.1 ??