Is the watchdog timeout signal available on the carrier board?

I would need to monitor the watchdog timeout signal on the jetson xavier NX. Is the watchdog timeout signal available on the carrier board?

GPIO02 (pin 124) can be set as WDT_RESET_OUT, please refer to Xavier technical manual in DLC for more info.

OK. Thank you.

Hi,
I went through the TRM and I could not figure out what to do to change pin 124 to WDT_RESET_OUT.
After some searching I found a paragraph talking about PinMUX under the wiki. Here is the link: Welcome — Jetson Linux<br/>Developer Guide 34.1 documentation
I was able to generate the cfg files from the dtsi files (I have generated the dtsi files from the pinmux configurator). But I don’t know how to move on from here. Also I’m not sure if what I did until now actually helps. Could you give me some more detailed directions?

Thank you.

What do you want to do.
The WDT was enable by default and if system hang up the WDT will trigger to restart the system.

HI,thank you for your answer.
What I would need to do would be to monitor the wdt signal with another board, to see when and if the board reboots.

You have to replace the dtb file at …/Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/dtb and cfg file at Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/t186ref/BCT/ and flash the device by below command
sudo ./flash -r jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1

The Linux_for_Tegra was download by sdkmanager.

1 Like

Hi ShaneCCC, thank you for your answer.

I appreciate your help. But unfortunately, I’m still not successfull. I’m trying to explain here what I did unitl now, so you can hopefully help me.

1. Generated three dtsi files using the Jetson Xavier NX Pinmux Table (v1.06). The only modification I did was to change the Customer Usage field for pin 188 from GPIO_PQ.03 to WDT_RESET_OUTA. After changing this field, I have clicked the button Generate DT File. The tool asked me the board name. I have simply left the default name (jetson_xavier_nx_module). Then the tool generated the three dtsi files (gpio, padvoltage, pinmux).

2. I have created the configuration files using the tool pinmux-dts2cfg.py available in Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/pinmux/t19x. According to the Readme file of this tool, I created two cfg files, for which I had to specify the name.

I’m not sure about what would be the name I need to use.

1. According to your last message, I should replace the dtb file at …/Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/dtb and cfg file at Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/t186ref/BCT/.

The questions are:

• How can I create the dtb file from the dts files?
  • What dtg/cfg files should I replace? The two folders you mention contains several files with the same extension.
  • As far as I understood, the pinmux-dts2cfg.py needs to be run two times: the first time is for creating the PINMUX/GPIO config file, while the second time is to create the PAD VOLTAGES config file. Is this right?

Thank you very much for your continued support.

1. Have a check this link Welcome — Jetson Linux<br/>Developer Guide 34.1 documentation
  2. Check the flash log to see which file need to replace.
  3. You can just try to modify the dts file from the kernel source instead of using python script.