Is there a L4T container for x86_64 to build customized kernel & bootloader

Hi,
I notice that that there is an official L4T Base container for arm64, but x86_64.
We want to build our customized kernel & bootloader.
I know there is a step by step guide to do that in official document.
But it’s beneficial if there is an official built container to do that.
Thanks!

P.S. We’re using xavier but goto orin in future.

Hi,

Do you want to run an L4T container on an x86 environment?
If yes, this can be done via qemu emulator:

But you should be able to cross-build the customized kernel on a desktop environment directly.
Please go through the below document for the details:
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/kernel_custom.html

Thanks.

Hi,
No. Emulator just goto arm64 again.
What I wanted is a cross-platform compiling environment as described in L4T official document.
On the other hand, I can compile our customed kernel for xavier, without installing dependent packages(but docker) on host.
Or another hand, I need a docker container to build our customed kernel. but the paths of source & output kernel images are located on host.
Am I clear now? Thanks!

I’ve done this myself

FROM ubuntu:20.04 AS toolchain

RUN apt-get update && \
    apt-get install -y curl xz-utils && \
    mkdir -p /opt/toolchain && \
    curl -L http://releases.linaro.org/components/toolchain/binaries/7.3-2018.05/aarch64-linux-gnu/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu.tar.xz | tar xJ -C /opt/toolchain

FROM ubuntu:20.04

ENV CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/toolchain/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-

RUN apt-get update && \
    apt-get upgrade -y && \
    apt-get install -y build-essential bc && \
    apt-get install -y xxd && \
    rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*

COPY --from=toolchain /opt/toolchain /opt/toolchain

Please note xxd is used while compiling kernel and not installed in ubuntu official image defaultly.
After building, the size of docker image is 1.11GB (uncompressed) and 185MB (compressed by xz)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.