One of our customers is trying to install CUDa and other packages using SDK manager on our custom BSP(based on L4T 32.4.3) for custom carrier board. They are facing below 2 issues
- the second USB(OTG to Host ) is not working
- they are not able to connect to Jetson NX while runinng SDK manager to install cuda.
Here is the detailed step they followed, please help:
1)Put the device in recovery mode and flash the custom BSP
2) Board boots to OS and all functionalities like all the USB and SD card etc works fine
3)Software Updater prompt appears, seems to have l4t and CUDA packages. Allow install.
- Asks to replace changes in /etc/systemd/nv-oem-config.post.sh with later version of configuration file. Click Keep for all following prompts.
- Reflash BSP. All works fine
sudo apt-get upgrade. This seems to also do the same thing as software updater. lost second USB and usd card as these are additional patches applied during custom BSP. dont know why these changed the device tree or kernel
- Reflashed and all working fine
sudo add-apt-repository universe
`sudo apt-get update` `sudo apt install exfat-fuse exfat-utils`
- Plug in SD card, screen freezes, reboots. Now I can access uSD card!
sdkmanager on host linux machine (v184.108.40.20674)
4.) Turn on Jetson Xavier NX in recovery mode. Verify Jetson NX is in recovery mode (lsusb shows Nvidia Corp.) via host linux laptop
5.) Set Target hardware to attached jetson in sdkmanager
6.) Click continue to next Step2
7.) Uncheck Jetson OS option in target components. Verify all Host components are installed (CUDA, Computer Vision, Developer Tools). CUDA version on host is
8.) Accept license agreement. Click Continue to Step3
9.) Enter Host Linux sudo password to continue
10.) Enter Jetson username and password, with IP Address 192.168.55.1. Click Install.
11.) SDK manager cannot connect to the Jetson NX. (See attached image)
12.) Check to verify that jetson USB Host mode is active. Running
`service nv-l4t-usb-device-mode start` Failed with: `Failed to start nv-l4t-device-mode.service: Unit nv-l4t-device-mode.service not found.
This may be why sdkmanager cannot connect to the NX.