Issues with CUDA 7.5 toolkit install and Visual Studio 13 community edition...

Hi,
I am new to CUDA so after Cuda 7.5 and Visual Studio 13 community install having issues.

1. deviceQuery.exe that is required for validation is not in the install. I found dlls where the CUDA install pdf mentions the deviceQuery should be installed. I searched my install path for CUDA and other areas and could not find it.

2. I selected the deviceQuery project for Visual Studio 13 and it said could not load project due to issues with the project file. It mentioned:
    C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\CUDA Samples\v7.5\1_Utilities\deviceQuery\deviceQuery_vs2013.vcxproj : error : Unable to read the project file “deviceQuery_vs2013.vcxproj”.
    C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\CUDA Samples\v7.5\1_Utilities\deviceQuery\deviceQuery_vs2013.vcxproj(36,5): The imported project “C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\BuildCustomizations\CUDA 7.5.props” was not found. Confirm that the path in the declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

Please let me know how to fix these issues. I suspect I will have more.

-Tony

The deviceQuery.exe project has to be built.

Regarding your second question, it looks like the install is broken. Is there a deviceQuery_vs2013.vcxproj file on your hard disk?

Hi All,
I solved the compile problem by launching the samples_vs2013 project using Visual Studio 13 with admin rights. Then I was able to compile and create the exe and run the exe.

Regards,
-Tony

And how does one solve the compile problem without admin rights?

I’m on a university workstation and do not have admin privileges.

My error is:
Error 9 error MSB4019: The imported project “C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\BuildCustomizations\CUDA 7.5.props” was not found. Confirm that the path in the declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk. C:\Users\Raymond\caffe-windows\windows\libcaffe\libcaffe.vcxproj 42 5 matcaffe

The file does exist in that location on disk.

I got the same problem but when i go to the samples_vs2013 file there is nothing in it.
I don’t know how to have those files because I download every thing again but still have missing files

Regards