Jetpack 3.0 with opencv4tegra 2.4.13, opencv 2.4.13 and opencv4android 2.4.13

I bought Jetson TX1 for the project and it will be delivered in 3 weeks. It is so long time to delay our project. So I want to simulate my code with pc with opencv4android or opencv. However I use opencv 3.0 libraries so I’m afraid of using 2.4.13 and unfortunately I use some new functions in opencv 3.0 not included in opencv 2.4.xx. So I want to know 2 questions.

1. Is there any difference opencv4tegra 2.4.13, opencv 2.4.13 and opencv4android 2.4.13??
  2. if you simulate Jetson TX1, what kind of opencv do you use in pc instead of Jetson TX1?

Hi mphong,

The opencv4tegra provided by NVIDIA was containing optimizations for NVIDIA’s Tegra CPUs (ARM NEON SIMD optimizations, multi-core CPU optimizations and some GLSL GPU optimizations).
The others are public source.
But as your description, you want to use some new functions in opencv 3.0, then you should continue use opencv 3.0 on both client TX1 device and host PC.

Thanks

Hi kayccc, Thank you for your answer.

if I use opencv 3.0 in client TX1 and host pc then Can’t I use jetpack in TX1?
I can’t find opencv4tegra 3.0, so if I use opencv 3.0 I think I couldn’t use optimizations for NVIDIA’s tegra CPUs.
Is it right?? Should I install CUDA or cuDNN for optimizations seperately and corresponding code for these functions??

Thanks

Hi mphong,

There is no opencv4tegra 3.0, you should use the opencv 3.0 directly.

Should I install CUDA or cuDNN for optimizations seperately and corresponding code for these functions??
This depends on your use case if needed, but full download/install through JetPack is the suggested way.

Thanks