JetPack 4.5.1 and nVME / SSD flash

Per 4.5 release post, ( JetPack 4.5 Production Release with L4T 32.5 ) it supports “New way of Falshing” to nVME.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/flashing.html#wwpID0E06K0HA

Would like to find out if anyone has success flashing an internal SSD to Xavier AGX.

I think this is supported on Nano with R32.5, and I think I’ve read support for Xavier will come in a next release.
For now, you may use mmc for early boot and use extlinux.conf from there for booting linux kernel with NVME rootfs.

1 Like

The section you posted is not supported on Xavier/NX because the cboot on rel-32.5 does not support NVMe. Need to wait for rel-32.6.

My post here explains the difference between “boot from” and “mount file system”.

Mounting file system supports on every rel-32 based platform. If kernel is able to read your nvme drive after boots up, then it can mount the file system from it. However, cboot does not.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.