Jetson Flashing Failed to add TBOOT Header to Bootloader

Hi all,

Following my previous attempts to restore the Jetson to working order, I decided to simply reflash the system and restore it to a pristine state. I downloaded Tegra210 23.2.0 and its filesystem, and unpacked them and assembled them successfully. However, upon attempting to flash the Jetson using

sudo ./flash.sh jetson-tx1 mmcblk0p1

, I ran into this error:

Warning: missing eksfile (bootloader/eks.img), continue... 
Warning: missing fbfile (bootloader/reserved_fb.xml), continue... 
copying bctfile(/home/ubuntu/Downloads/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/t210ref/BCT/P2180_A00_LP4_DSC_204Mhz.cfg)... done.
/usr/bin/env: python2: No such file or directory
Failed to add TBOOT header to bootloader

Google searches didn’t turn up anything of value. I would appreciate if anyone could provide some clarification on this error and how to fix it.

A lot of hard disk space is required for driver+sample rootfs+loopback files created in flash. How much spare disk space do you have? “df -H” is useful for that.

FYI, the raw loopback image is the exact size of the Jetson root file system, so for example it can be 15GB. The sparse file is a compressed version, both may need ot exist at the same time…along with the files used for creating it. Files could be missing due to running out of space.

That would explain it. I’m using a Linux VM which only has about 3 GB of spare disk space at the moment. Should I increase the hard disk space available to the VM?

Let me rephrase that (edit button isn’t working). It’s not the VM but the Jetson you’re referring to.

I used a modified variant of the following command from http://elinux.org/Jetson_TK1#Get_access_to_the_entire_eMMC_storage_space_of_Jetson to get access to the entire storage space of the TX1’s eMMC:

sudo ./flash.sh -S 14580MiB jetson-tk1 mmcblk0p1

Specifically, I replaced ‘jetson-tk1’ with ‘jetxon-tx1’. However, I got the following error messages:

Error: Return value 4
Command tegradevflash --oem platformdetails storage storage_info.bin
Failed flashing t210ref.

The entire Jetson is filled with a copy of what is on the host…so it is indeed the VM free space which needs to be about 30GB. The host requires more free space than the entire size of the Jetson eMMC. So your VM, after all of the operating system is installed, and after all parts of the Jetson L4T driver package are downloaded, probably needs another 30GB on top of that (the entire Jetson file system is unpacked, then copied to a file once again the size of the Jetson root file system, then this is copied to a compressed version, and only then is Jetson flashed). All of this must be on a native Linux filesystem, e.g., ext4, and NTFS will not work.