Jetson Linux TX2 Support Date

Hey.

I see on the the Jetson Linux archive that there has been a split with version 34 where only Xavier and later is supported and TX2 is discontinued on that line. But the version 32 is still receiving minor updates for security to support TX2.

Is there a timeframe for how long maintenance updates like those will be applied to the TX2 and version 32.x? Will those last through the product life cycle of TX2 (Jan '25) and TX2i (Jan '28) or is there a known date sooner where updates will stop being generated.

Thanks!

As mentioned in our previous roadmap announcement, Jetson Nano, Jetson TX2 and Jetson TX1 series will be supported by JetPack 4.6.x releases.

Please refer to Jetson Roadmap page for details

Thank you for the response. I appreciate the feedback.

I see in the announcement the statement of:

“After JetPack 4.6, the JetPack 4 codeline will transition into a sustaining mode with continued software support via JetPack 4.x releases for security updates and critical bug fixes for all the supported modules mentioned above.”

From a vendor perspective we are mainly in need of an estimation of how long there will be sustaining update releases provided for JetPack 4.6.x.

IE how long should we expect to receive updates and what year will they stop.

Thanks in advance!

The SW release schedule will be updated at the roadmap section.
We will have the announcement in forum once we plan to stop the support.

The TX1 was lanuched at 2015, and it’s still supported till now at JetPack 4.6.x.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.