Jetson Nano + LineageOS + RTL8822CE = No wifi or BT

Hi,

Was anyone able to build LineageOS with RTL8822CE support? Looks like all pieces are there, but it just doesn’t stitch together for me.

Thanks!

I don’t have answer fo r this, please check Lineage Android OS for the Jetson Nano - Jetson & Embedded Systems / Jetson Nano - NVIDIA Developer Forums

First, let me note that this isn’t supported by the Lineage builds. There’s two reasons for this. First is that I don’t have an easy way to dynamically detect which wireless module is installed. Second is that android requires different hals for different vendors wireless modules. Like broadcom and intel aren’t compatible. And having multiple of those in the same android build isn’t simple. So I picked a bcm4356 module to use as the supported module for Lineage, since all other Lineage supported t210 devices use a bcm4354 or bcm4356.

That said, realtek ‘mostly’ works with the broadcom wifi hal. And porg is already using the bluetooth hal that rtl8822ce needs.

Try this change:
https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_nvidia_foster/+/349358

And add the following in fosters properties.mk:

# Wlan
PRODUCT_PROPERTY_OVERRIDES += \
    persist.vendor.lineage.tegra.wlan=rtl8822ce

Then build the porg target again. This should work the same as what I have set up for the Xavier NX devkit and TX2 NX.

Edit: Also note that I haven’t tested this. It’s a blind attempt that should at least build, though. And ‘should’ work, but I can’t guarantee that.

Thanks. I’ll give it a shot.

As a side note, with what you’ve said above, it feels like BT should’ve worked out of the box with the stock build, but for some reason, it doesn’t. Will post my updates once I try this change.

hal != kernel driver. The userspace hal will work with the rtl chip in question, but the appropriate kernel driver still needs loaded. The commit I posted loads rtk_btusb, which was not previously loaded on porg.

1 Like

Finally got my hands on this. No luck :-(
Neither BT nor WiFi showed up :-(

It will need on device debugging then. Checking the logs to see what’s not loading and why. Since I don’t have this set up and don’t plan to support it, someone else that does wish to do so will have to figure out why it doesn’t work.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.