Jetson TK1 - Trouble With Particular HDMI Screen

Hi Wayne,
Yeah, I have the schematic of my board and checked, all the connections from HDMI connector are connected properly to the X1 connector of TEGRA Board.

I have attached the Schematic file for your reference and also you can check the boot log in my previous posts.

Looking forward for your kind reply WayneWWW…

Best Regards,
Mani

The 5V power switch (RT9728, U36 on your board) is high enable on Jetson board (RT9728AH)
, is yours RT9728AL, low enable? Otherwise it should not be tied to ground.

Dear Trumany,
Thanks for your reply…

Yeah, I am using RT9728BH and making High Enabled through voltage divider(actually top resistor R203 is not DNP,it is 2.49k and R209 is 4.7k).

Also you can check the boot log in my previous posts.

waiting for your kind reply Trumany…

Best Regards,
Mani

You might add this to your “/etc/X11/xorg.conf” in the Section Device:

Option  "ModeDebug"

…then reboot and see what the newest “/var/log/Xorg.0.log” shows.

I have tried by putting “ModeDebug” in xorg.conf file as you said, but I don’t find “Xorg.0.log” file in var/log/ directory to show you…linuxdev

No log is something I’ve never seen…the implication is that the X server never even attempted to start. In your original post there was at least a log file. Are there any other Xorg.N.log type files in “/var/log”? Perhaps having a monitor plugged in or not plugged in changes whether boot gets far enough along to produce an Xorg log file.

Since you use a custom board, please comment out the error part you hit in of_dc.c since some regulator is not available for your board.

Hi Mani,

Normally when device plug in, TK1 will get a INT and then turn on power switch to output 5V to HDMI connector and DDC, but your power switch is always ON, that is different to TK1 original design and also could violate the power up sequence.

Is it possible to try using SPDIF_IN pin to control EN of power switch that is same as TK1?