Jetson TX1 as UVC video device for Windows PC host

Hello,

Does anyone know how to setup Jetson TX1 device as UVC video device for Windows PC host? I tried to search for UVC and similar but there is so much information for UVC devices for TX1 host that I was not able to find anything useful. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

If you are referring to making the micro-USB connector switch to device mode and emulate being video via the “gadget” framework I recall a recent discussion that this would not allow isochronous mode (which is required by UVC). Can you be more specific about what you want? It would still be possible to stream video, just not as a gadget with isochronous mode.

Thanks for quick reply!

We have TX1 (with ubuntu) and would like to connect it to Windows host PC as UVC device to act as web camera. Micro USB port (marked as USB0 on devkit) would be ok as well as any other means.

Thanks!

The “other means” would be using it over ethernet. You can stream that way (I couldn’t tell you specific steps).

Btw, if you could satisfy for a series of still pictures, then bulk mode would work over USB.

Yes, we have Ethernet working - running RTSP server on TX1 device.
But we are looking for at least 1080p 24-30 fps uvc web cam solution.

What is the limit here? Windows PC uvc driver implementation or TX1 uvc source?
How do I enable bulk uvc mode to test it out?

Thanks!

Yes, we have Ethernet working - running RTSP server on TX1 device.
But we are looking for at least 1080p 24-30 fps uvc web cam solution.

What is the limit here? Windows PC uvc driver implementation or TX1 uvc source?
How do I enable bulk uvc mode to test it out?

Thanks!

I think the USB3 controller in device mode of the TX1 does not support isochronous mode, but someone will have to verify if that is correct (I am not positive on that). Thus a hardware issue.

So how do I put tx1 in device mode as uvc device? Any link to docs or forums?

As mentioned before, someone will need to verify this: If the USB3 device mode hardware (and probably also USB2) is not able to support isochronous mode (basically a continuous uninterrupted data stream with some real time behavior), then it won’t be possible to be a standard UVC device. UVC requires isochronous mode. It looks like a TK1 supports a single isochronous mode device, while I think the TX1 and TX2 do not.