Jetson TX2 Onboard camera quality

I have Jetson TX2 developer kit. When testing the onboard camera quality, I found that
images are bit noisy. I wonder if such quality is expected or some parameter need to be changed.

I used the following command to capture the attached frames.

gst-launch-1.0 nvcamerasrc sensor-id=0 num-buffers=180 ! "video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=4208, height=3120, format=I420, framerate=60/1" ! nvjpegenc ! multifilesink location=test_%03d.jpg

I have also changed tags values for nvcamerasrc; such as white-balance mode, auto exposure and edge enhancement, and tested different resolutions and frame rates, but still noise problem wasn’t fixed.

consecutive frames links

You may check this topic.

The camera is certainly not the best - i made the mistake of not taking off the lens cap - this made a massive improvement!

Well, my picture quality is better than the attached pictures in the topic you referred to.
I’ve already flashed jetson with the latest jetpack version (3.3) and also placed it in good lightening condition.

So do you believe that onboard camera images quality should be way better than my posted pictures?
Thank you

Already removed it. Are images quality much worse than your camera quality (the expected output)?

Thank you

hi, i have met the same problem with you, have you find the reason of the noise? Thanks